The PVCA [Prairie View Community Association] awards a scholarship to a deserving Grade 12 student, or to a past graduate who fits the criteria under the age of 21 yrs. The winner must be a resident of the Prairie View community. The scholarship awarded will be in the amount of $750.00. There will be only one scholarship awarded, the winner to be selected by the executive of the PVCA from entries that meet the criteria below.
The criteria are as follows:
– Must maintain an average of 70% during the school year.
– Preference will be given to a student who has been involved in the community through volunteer service. School activities will also be considered.
– Successful candidate must show proof of registration in a post-secondary program in order to collect the scholarship.
Please submit your application outlining how you may meet the criteria listed. Please include the following:
– Full name, address, and phone number where you may be contacted.
-List of volunteer activities past and present
– Copy of most current high school transcript.
– Information regarding potential or confirmed acceptance to a post-secondary institution.
The deadline for applications is May 15th, 2023.
Forward all applications to:
Attn: Gwen Barschel – Membership Coordinator PVCA email@example.com
Our Winter 2023 Newsletter, which features information on our winter programs, PVCA Snow Angels, and our upcoming Winter Funfest on February 4th.
Please click here to view our program catalogue for the Winter 2023 session.
In-person registration will be held at the McLurg School Gym on January 10 from 7 to 8pm. Online registration for all remaining openings will begin the following day.
Weekly garbage collection returns over the holiday season from December 19 to December 30, 2022. The city will then switch back to biweekly garbage collection over the winter months from January 2 until March 31, 2023.
The additional holiday garbage pickup does not apply to participants of the food and yard waste pilot service. All recycling and food and yard waste will be picked up as usual.
For more information, go to regina.ca/waste.
The PVCA is participating in the City of Regina Snow Angels program for the 2022/23 season and is coordinating the matching of volunteers to those in need of snow clearing services. To make a request for Snow Angels service, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remaining upcoming sessions and an online survey for those that cannot attend in person can be found here.