Regarding PVCA Programs and COVID-19
All Programs are cancelled. Further information will be relayed when possible.
The situation with COVID-19 and its effects on City of Regina services is continuously evolving, please use the link below to get the most up-to-date information.
For complete information regarding COVID-19 from the city, please click here.
Additional Information Resources:
Saskatchewan Health Authority COVID-19 Page
The Regina Catholic School Division and Regina have both requested that everyone stay off of the play structures located at their schools to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19.
Full details for Regina Public Schools
Full details for Regina Catholic Schools
From the City of Regina on March 24. Effective immediately, City-owned playground structures are now closed until further notice. Dog parks, skateboard parks, picnic sites, and basketball, tennis and pickleball courts will also be closed.
This decision follows Public Health Official guidelines to avoid contact with shared surfaces such as playground equipment. Crews will be working over the next few days to close off the 165 City playground structures throughout Regina; however, we ask residents to stop using these facilities immediately.
The PVCA is proud to offer one $500 scholarship for post- secondary education.
It is open to grade 12 student attending high school in Regina, providing the individual lives in the Prairie View area and maintains a 70% average throughout the school year. We are also making the scholarship available to young people up to age 21, who will be continuing their education. Emphasis will be placed on the applicant’s volunteer activities.
Application details will be available from school guidance counsellors or by contacting the PVCA via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications has been extended to June 15th, 2020.
Topic: 5 Ways Volunteering Can Enhance Your Job Search
Date: Thursday, January 30 at 1pm ET / 10am PT (webinar is one hour in length)
Full Details Can Be Found Here!
*Please note this webinar is neither presented or promoted by the PVCA, this post is strictly for informational purposes and to foster volunteering within our community.
Retired…? (Want opportunities to help others!)
Student…? Just starting out…? (Build potential job experience!)
Anyone in between…? (Would like to enhance old skills or learn new ones!)
The Tetra Society of North America provides the connection between people with disabilities and various technical people to create assistive devices at cost for materials. These gizmos are not on the market or the existing assistive device may need to be customized which would enhance the quality of life for people with disabilities or seniors.
The Regina chapter is looking for volunteer technical people AND/OR people with disabilities or seniors who require a gizmo! You never know unless you try. Talk to the Tetra Team today!
Contact: Terri Sleeva at 306-545-7378 or e-mail: email@example.com
For more information: www.tetrasociety.org or call 1-877-688-8762
This post will help walk you through the process of purchasing your PVCA Membership and registering for your desired programs.
1) Add a membership to your cart (only needed if you haven’t previously purchased one that is valid for the current program season):
2) Select the programs you want to register for, adjust the quantity accordingly if you are registered multiple participants:
3) Proceed to the checkout:
4) Complete the required fields to complete your purchase. The Family Name field will appear on your PVCA Membership card.
5) IMPORTANT: To ensure program registration and the following weeks of class go smoothly, please add a note providing us with the participants’ names and contact information in case of class cancellation. The below example is a merely a guideline:
6) After checkout, save your membership PDF for future reference. You will see the download link again in your receipt email, and we can resend you the PDF again if necessary. Note that we have all registration info securely stored online so we can always confirm your membership from our records.
7) You’re all set! Your program registrations are complete, the only thing you need to do now is attend your programs and have fun!