The City of Regina, partnering with the Canadian Municipal Network on Crime Prevention, is conducting a survey to gather input from the citizens of the city regarding community safety and well-being. They are seeking your input regarding what is working well and what are the challenges that need to be met.
The PVCA is proud to offer one $500 scholarship for post- secondary education.
It is open to grade 12 student attending high school in Regina, providing the individual lives in the Prairie View area and maintains a 70% average throughout the school year. We are also making the scholarship available to young people up to age 21, who will be continuing their education. Emphasis will be placed on the applicant’s volunteer activities.
To apply, please submit the following:
-A current high school transcript
-A letter of acceptance or conditional acceptance
-A list of volunteer experiences you have participated in
-a letter from someone else supporting these activities, and that person’s contact information
For any further questions or to apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is May 15th, 2021.
The PVCA is seeking volunteers to fill two of its Executive Committee positions:
Secretary – Recording and distribution of Executive meeting minutes and other applicable communications.
Program Coordinator – Research and develop potential new programs for the PVCA, collect fees for courses, manage contracts and payments with instructors,.
For more information on either role, please contact us.
Reminder: Seasonal Dog Parks closed for the season on September 30. Over the next couple weeks, crews will be flooding outdoor rinks in preparation for skating ice. Please stay out of the boarded and non-boarded rink sites, so the ice can freeze properly.
Dependent on weather, the rinks will open around December 21.
Check out Regina.ca/winterfun for the latest updates regarding rinks and availability of outdoor warming shacks.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2020 Regina Civic Election who will serve the residents of Prairie View!
Mayor: Sandra Masters
Ward 9 Councillor: Jason Mancinelli
Ward 7 Public School Board Trustee: Lacey Weekes
Visit https://www.regina.ca/elections/ for comprehensive information regarding the upcoming election on November 9th, including
- Candidate Information
- Where to Vote and Voter Eligibility Requirements
- Election Employment Opportunities
Free Regina Transit service is available on Election Day.
Click this link to go to the Elections Saskatchewan website with all of the needed details for you to vote in the election taking place on October 26th, 2020, including:
- Voter eligibility and ID requirements
- How and where to vote
- Determining the constituency you reside in
- information on registered political parties
The registration process for the PVCA’s Fall 2020 Programs will take place exclusively online at pvca.ca/shop. Phone numbers and email addresses are required. Because all of the programs are taking place virtually, having a correct email address on file is essential for your instructor to be able to send your invitations to sessions.
- If this is your first order for Fall 2020 please remember to add a membership to your cart if you do not already have a valid 2020/2021 Community Association membership. We accept memberships from all other CAs in the city. If you already have a PVCA or other CA’s membership, please provide the number in the Order Notes section (more on this later).
- Add the classes and the quantity of registrations needed for each class to your cart, then when you are ready select Proceed to Checkout.
- Another important note regarding Karate classes, please be sure to select the product that correct for your situation (i.e.: selecting a Family membership if you have two or more people signing up). Use the Order Notes section to provide the names and contact information for each individual as applicable.
- When checking out, provide us with the necessary contact information for participants if it is NOT captured in the required billing details, an example is shown:
5. If purchasing a Membership, you will be required to provide your Family name to complete the order.